About Our PVC
At Redwood, all our products are made using only high quality 'European-grade' PVC sourced in the UK & France. This guarantees every PVC curtain, strip, roll or sheet we supply will possess outstanding see-through qualities and allow light to pass through with minimum distortion. They will also provide unbeatable energy-saving performance, be hardwearing and long lasting.
The demonstration curtain above is 5-years old and made using two types of PVC. The strips on the left are made using 'European-grade' PVC which contains UV stabilisers. The strips on the right are made using 'non-European-grade' PVC which doesn't.
Why do they look so different? As soon as PVC is hung, if it doesn't contain UV stabilisers, the Sun's powerful rays begin to break it down. This leads to 'fogging' and an irreversable loss of transparency. As the PVC becomes more 'distressed', bacteria and fungal spores can begin to infect it leading to further deterioration - as well as making it look unattractive and unhygienic!
Before comparing our prices with other suppliers, please make sure you are comparing the same product. Buying cheap PVC today can turn out to be an expensive mistake tomorrow.
Other key facts about Redwood PVC
· Shown to cut energy use by 18% - 60%. (According to research/customer feedback)
· High impact resistance. (Tough enough to stand up to continual hard use.)
· Highly resistant to cracking between -15ºC and +50ºC (Can be used in all areas.)
· Polagrade option stays flexible and resists cracking to -32ºC
· Food-safe (Conforms to US FDA regulations and EC regulation 1935/2004 and the LFGB.)
· Approved food-safe by US FDA. (Can be used in all areas of food wholesale & retail.)
· Certified DOP & DEHP free. (According to REACH regulations.)
· Fire safe. (Self-extinguishing as standard. Fully fire retardent also available.)
· Competitively priced (Afforadble today, long term value for the future)
As well as Standard PVC (for general/ambient use) we stock Polargrade PVC (for low temp use), Ribbed PVC (for heavy-duty use) and Welding Grade PVC. We can also supply Anti-Static PVC (for office/data centre uses).
We are also committed to using only the best quality materials in all our hanging rails and strip suspension systems. To find out more, please browse the rest of this website or contact us.
- Galvanised Steel Hook-On Plate Sets
- Stainless Steel Hook-On Plate Sets
- 200mm Polar Clear Strips - H/O
- 200mm Clear Strips - H/O
- Stainless Steel Hook-On Headrails
- Galvanised Steel Hook-On Headrails
- 50m Clear Rolls - 200mm Wide
- 50m Clear Rolls - 300mm Wide
- Standard Curtain Kits
- 200mm Clear Strips - U/P
- 200mm Solid Orange Strips - H/O
- 300mm Clear Strips - H/O
- Chiller Curtains / Chiller Blinds
- 400mm Clear Strips - H/O
- 50m Clear Rolls - 400mm Wide